Chicken Curry Recipe
Ever made a mouthwatering bold curry that warms the soul? You’ve met your match right here! I love the spices and herbs in curry! There are so many different kinds, but my favorite of all is yellow curry! I think that is because traditional Vietnamese curry is yellow! I like a full creamy curry to pour over my rice/noodles! This is a great meal for a special occasion (don’t wear white) or a meal that you want to just spice it up a little in the kitchen after making Italian and American dishes like meatloaf and spaghetti. It’s so easy to get all your veggies in with a curry because you can always throw in whatever vegetables you have in the fridge or on the shelf. You can even make this recipe vegan/vegetarian! Here is a taste of what I make once a month for my family. Prep time is 15 minutes cook time is 30 minutes or until potatoes have softened. I hope you’ll enjoy this recipe and make it and let me know how it tastes! This chicken curry will hit all the spots and feels!
1lb Chicken Tenderloins sliced into smaller pieces
1 Red Bell Peppers sliced
½ Onion Sliced
4 Red Potatoes cubed
½Tsp of Turmeric Powder
1Tsp Curry Powder
1Pck. Of Mushrooms
4 Carrots sliced
½ Cup of Organic Honey
1Tsp of Salt and Pepper
2 Cans of Coconut Milk (I like my curry creamy)
½C of water
1. Once all the vegetables are cut set aside, pour coconut oil into a pot and add sliced onions in first.
2. Stir and cook onions till transparent, once the onions are cooked add in chicken and carrots (if you’re making it vegetarian don’t add chicken skip cooking chicken and add in all veggies and stir, skip step 2 and go to step 3).
3. Add in turmeric powder and curry powder on top of chicken (or vegetables if vegetarian or vegan), stir until evenly cooked and colored.
4. Once chicken is cooked add in the bell peppers, potatoes, and mushrooms and mix thoroughly.
5. Once mixed add in water, salt and pepper, and cans of coconut milk and stir.
6. Once it’s all thoroughly stirred mix in the honey.
7. Let simmer for 10-15 minutes.
8. Enjoy your Chicken Curry with steamed white rice/brown rice, or rice noodles or Soba noodles like we do, or you can eat just the curry with some French bread (what my family uses).