Another Easy Prep’n Save Meal
Who loves Chili for these cold fall nights? I love that Chili can be so versatile because you can literally add extra spices and mixes to it to really make it your own. My husband likes Chili Mac’n Cheese so we had that for dinner last night. You can pair if with different things or eat it alone which is what I did with some sour cream and cheese. My husband and I love spicy food so we love to add crushed red peppers to anything we place in our mouths. My chili has a little kick to it because I add chili powder, cumin, and crushed red peppers. Also, does anyone else add corn to their chili because I’ve always added corn to my chili and there’s an ongoing debate as to add or not to add? I love corn in it, maybe it’s a southern thing y’all. I also love that you can add mixed veggies like bell pepper – as i stated we love spice so anything pepper is welcome in our homes and mouths! This just adds a little kick of flavor to a simple chili.
- grass-fed ground beef from ALDI (or regular beef/ground turkey/ground chicken) (2 packs of ground beef about 2 lbs)
- chili seasoning packet either store brand or name brand
- 3 cans of diced tomatoes
- 1/3 cup of water
- crushed red pepper (optional)
- Salt and Pepper
- 2 cans of corn
- can of black beans
- In a pot place diced onions in after pouring a little of olive oil into it on medium heat, let the onions get a little clear and translucent
- Add in the ground beef and make sure you’re separating the chunks of ground beef, stir the beef around until the meat is thoroughly cooked and even.
- Pour in 1 pack of chili seasoning
- Pour in 3 cans of diced tomatoes
- Add in the diced red bell peppers
- Add 1/2 tbsp of cumin
- Add 2-3 tbsp of salt
- Add 1/3 cup of sugar (or honey, I like to use honey when I’m dieting and especially for a cold night helps to soothe you)
- Add Salt and pepper to taste
- Pour in 1/3 cup of water
- Add in Black Beans and Corn
- Simmer and let it boil for 10-16 minutes
VOILA ENJOY YOUR DINNER/LUNCH
Also this is great for family gatherings as you can make a big serving easily, fast, and save it for later during the week!