Soup for the Soul
So Winter is upon us and my favorite type of food is soups! I know there are some soup lovers out there that love comfort food such as a Chicken Noodle Soup! This here is a recipe minus the pasta but add a lot of vegetable goodness and rice to it! It’s very simple to make especially if you already have leftover white rice and bones from a roasted chicken.
This recipe is different because it uses a bone broth which has so many health benefits such as being full of minerals that support the immune system. Bone broth also has healing components such as collagen, glutamine, glycine and proline. The collagen in bone broth helps to heals your gut and reduces intestinal inflammation aka bloating! Now don’t we all like that? Something that is healthy and delicious! I would love for you to try this recipe and tag me in it on your social media pages with the hashtag #beautyfoodymom! Here is the recipe, enjoy!
Homemade Bone Broth
- bones from the roasted chicken
- salt and pepper
- chopped onions
- chopped celery
- chopped carrots
- olive oil
- place olive oil in a pot
- add in onions, celery, and carrots
- stir around until onions are a little translucent
- add in the bones and stir for about 5 mins on medium heat
- add in 5 cups on water or depending on how many bones you have and let it come to a boil
- once it comes to a boil add salt and pepper and voilà you have bone broth!
Chicken and Veggie Soup
- add in the chicken from the roasted chicken
- make sure the chicken is either pulled apart or cut into pieces
- add into the bone broth
- add cooked rice of your choice
- add in some seasoning
- added one chicken bouillon, oregano, a blend seasoning for poultry, and Thyme
- Add in Lima beans
- stir all together and put in chopped kale and cover the pot and let is steam for 4-5 minutes
All done! Enjoy this delicious soup recipe! I hope you like it!